Is your kitchen faucet giving you trouble? Perhaps you need to replace a faulty faucet cartridge or filter. You could also want to inspect your faucet for a leak or clean the inside of it.
You’ll need to remove the handle to address any of these problems. It can be difficult to remove a faucet handle without using a screw, especially if you’ve never done it before.
So, how to remove moen kitchen faucet handle without screws? See this article!
Why do you need to remove a bathroom faucet handle?
The kitchen faucet is a crucial component of any kitchen. It aids with a variety of tasks, from cooking to laundry. You may need to remove the kitchen faucet handle for a variety of reasons.
Faucet that is leaking
It’s possible that the kitchen faucet will start leaking after a few years. This is a typical problem with any faucet, and the only way to fix it is to open the kitchen faucet. Remove the handle from the kitchen faucet before opening it.
Cartridge that has been damaged
Another reason to remove the faucet handle is if the faucet’s cartridge is malfunctioning. The cartridge aids in the equilibrium of the faucet’s water pressure. Cartridges become torn or damaged over time. Because the cartridge is damaged, it will not function properly, resulting in reduced water pressure. To change the cartridge, you must first remove the kitchen faucet handle.
Modify the Filter
A water filter is available on some kitchen faucets. The filter cleans the water, and it requires maintenance over time in order to function correctly. The kitchen faucet handle must be removed in order to update or clean the filter.
You must remove the faucet’s handle in order to clean it. Water pressure lowers when debris becomes lodged inside the faucet. This debris is carried in municipal water and does not find its way outside, causing water flow difficulties inside the faucet.
What Kind of Faucet Handle to You Have?
Faucet manufacturers employ a variety of techniques to attach faucet handles to the stem of the faucet. The most difficult part of repairing your faucet may be figuring out how the faucet hand connects to the stem. Manufacturers of faucets employ a variety of techniques, including:
- Screws that are capped and hidden
- Set screws on the side
- Mounts with threaded flanges
- Mounts with a friction fit
How to remove moen kitchen faucet handle without screws
Step 1: Find the button and cap
- Make that the faucet handle is in good working order.
- Look for the button or the cap.
- It is usually found on the top and is of a certain size.
Step 2: Use a screwdriver and pull the button or cap out
- A little screwdriver must be carefully inserted into the gap.
- Work it around the corner carefully and smoothly until it pops off or unscrews.
- Keep in mind that the majority of faucet knobs are fragile.
- They can break if you don’t handle them carefully.
- In this scenario, you must place an order for a replacement, either online or in a store.
Step 3: Power off the water supply
- The water supply has been turned off.
- It’s vital, especially when changing the cartridge.
Step 4: Remove the Screw
- After you’ve pulled out the button, remove the screws from the inside.
- It can be done perfectly using a wrench.
- To choose the right wrench for you, you must first measure the screw size.
- Furthermore, screws are small enough to drain fast.
- Make sure the drain is completely closed.
- Remove the screw after that to avoid losing it down the drain.
- This is an extremely important procedure to follow.
Step 5: Pull the handle efficiently
- Pull the handle of the faucet once the screw has been removed.
- If pulling it with your hands is too difficult, try a faucet handle puller or pliers.
- But hold on! If you use pliers directly on the faucet handle, you risk scratching it.
- Wrap a towel over the base of your faucet handle before using pliers.
- There may be a few mineral deposits after the handle is removed.
- You can remove them with lemon or even distilled water.
- What’s more, guess what? BOOM! Without using screws, you were able to remove the faucet handle. Isn’t that impressive?
- Now you have the option of replacing the cartridge, cleaning everything, and reinstalling the handle in the same position as before.
How to Remove Faucet handles of Two Faucets Without Removing the Screws?
To protect yourself and others safe, you should turn off the water under the sink before performing this procedure. While rotating the faucet’s base counterclockwise, the handle arm should be held in place.
After removing the faucet’s base, remove the screw within the faucet’s base. Remove the underside centerpiece with a screwdriver.
A white cartridge can be found under the centerpiece after the screw is removed. Using needle-nose pliers, replace the existing cartridge with a fresh one. Using pliers to remove cartridges has been the subject of numerous complaints.
You may avoid such problems by purchasing a new bathroom sink faucet from a respected brand like Delta. These brands give full support, including replacement parts and tools when needed, to avoid such issues and to ensure a high level of customer service.
How Do You Remove Faucet Handles That Have No Screws?
An Allen wrench is required to remove faucet handles that do not have screws. The handle should usually be able to be pulled off once it has been loosened.
How Do You Remove a Moen Faucet Handle?
If your Moen faucet includes screws, just loosen them with a hex screwdriver in a counterclockwise direction. After removing the handle, unscrew and lift the spout collar nut in the same manner.
How Do I Tighten a Moen Faucet Handle?
This is a simple procedure; after removing the handle, the screw will be visible, which you may tighten to retain the stem in place.
Are All Moen Shower Cartridges the Same?
There is no difference between the Moen 1222 and 1222B cartridges. They’re constructed from the same parts, but the model numbers and packaging are different.
Replacing a broken cartridge or filter, cleaning the faucet, or investigating for leaks are all reasons to remove a faucet kitchen handle.
This task may appear difficult if you’ve never removed or repaired a faucet handle before. However, if you follow these procedures, you should be able to finish the work. Mr. Kitchen Faucets can provide more information on how to remove a kitchen faucet handle without screws.
At Mr. Kitchen Faucets, we strive to give our customers with simple instructions that can assist them in identifying and correcting a variety of faucet and sink issues.
More product reviews and repair information can be found on our blogs. See more useful article at my website blog2success.net.