DirecTV genie remote volume not working. This is a typical issue with handheld devices. People who are deaf or hard of hearing, on the other hand, must fight to keep their preferred digital satellite station on the screen.
People are frequently frustrated by the television’s loud sound. They, too, are frequently damaged as a result of a DIRECTV remote volume issue. In today’s article, we’ll look at why DIRECTV remote volume doesn’t work and how to fix it; we’ll also look at the most prevalent cause.
How do I get the volume on my DIRECTV remote to work?
Many of you may have wondered how to get my DIRECTV remote to operate by matching the loudness. But, before we get into the possible troubleshooting solutions, let’s have a look at why this problem happens and what the root reason is.
Barriers to Communication Between Recipients
The Genie controller communicates with your receiver to convey a signal. As a result, the path between your two devices should be free of obstacles. Wireless equipment, such as baby monitors and cordless phones, might also disrupt your reception.
The battery is low
Your battery set is one of the most prevalent causes of this issue. If the battery in your remote has been very old or used for a long time, you should replace it as soon as possible. Otherwise, your power receiver’s reception may be hampered by this low-charge battery.
A button that is not responding
Unresponsive buttons are another common cause of difficulty setting the volume on your controller. When this happens, you won’t be able to alter the volume of the show on your TV, and you won’t be able to change channels.
To control their television, DIRECTV consumers must present their receivers with their remote control. You may have trouble managing the level of your program if our equipment is not properly programmed.
DIRECTV remote volume doesn’t work
There are a number of simple solutions that you can employ at home to remedy this problem. Before buying a new remote or contacting DIRECTV tech support, we recommend giving this a shot.
Step 1: Get Rid of Obstacles
Make sure there are no physical barriers between your DIRECTV controller and the receiver before employing any other advanced technologies. Wireless devices that could interfere with your signal should be kept as far away from you as feasible.
Step 2: Replace the battery
If there is no physical obstruction in your room at this time, you should check the battery in your controller in the following operation.
Press and hold any button on your device for a few seconds to accomplish this. The green light shows that the battery is fully charged. If it’s not slow, flickering, or not working at all, you’ll need new batteries.
Step 3: Reset the Receiver and the Remote
Resetting your remote and receiver is the best solution to fix unresponsive buttons.
You can use the instructions below to walk you through the complete receiver resetting process
- Locate the red button on your receiver first. DIRECTV receivers are frequently located adjacent to or inside the access card door.
- If your device lacks a red button, you can simply unplug its power line.
- Wait about 20 to 25 seconds before plugging in again.
- Hold this button down until your gadget restarts on its own.
Although resetting your receiver will not address your problem, you can reset your remote using one of the two techniques listed below.
- Navigate to the Settings tab by pressing the Menu Button.
- Select Pair/Program Remote from the Remote Control menu.
- When prompted, enter the five-digit code for your television maker.
Method number two
- Press the mute button and choose both until the light indicator flashes three times.
- Select after pressing 9-8-1 in the same order.
- Wait four times for the remote to flash. This means that the factory reset was successful.
Step 4: Connect Your Receiver to Your Remote
If you’re not sure if your remote is set up correctly to control your receiver, the instructions below will walk you through the procedure.
- For at least 3 seconds, press and hold the Enter button on your device.
- Select your preferred receiver input source from the Sources menu that appears on your TV screen.
- Then, while pointing your remote towards your receiver, press the Enter and Mute buttons on your device at the same time.
- If your device is successfully connected, you should see a notification on your screen telling you to apply IR/RF setup.
Genie Controller must be reprogrammed
You may need to reconfigure your genie controller if you reset your gadget. Fortunately, this can be done either automatically or manually.
Programming that is done automatically
Automatic programming is the most convenient approach to programming your TV remote.
These steps will help you stay informed during the procedure.
- Step 1: While pointing your controller to your receiver, simultaneously press the Enter and Mute buttons. Once the LED indication on your device turns green twice and flashes, release the buttons.
- Step 2: An applying IR/RF setup will appear on your television screen, indicating that your setup is complete.
- Step 3: On your controller, press the Menu button to access the Settings and Help menu.
- Step 4: Select the option for remote control after selecting the configuration.
- Step 5: From afar, choose the software and then follow the on-screen directions.
Programming by hand
If you can’t configure your remote on your TV automatically, you can do so manually by following the steps below.
- Step 1: While pointing to your receiver, choose your controller and click the mute button at the same time.
- Step 2: When your device’s LED indicator goes green twice and blinks, release the buttons.
- Step 3: When prompted, type 9-6-1 to use your smartphone.
- Step 4: Press the Enter button after pressing the Channel Up button.
- Step 5: Confirm your selection, and an on-screen notice will appear, indicating that your device is ready for setup.
- Step 6: In Automatic, repeat steps 3 through 5.
I hope that by following the procedures given above, you will be able to resolve your Directv Remote Volume issue quickly. This malfunction is not a significant issue, and it can be resolved as indicated. If your issue persists, you can contact customer service or purchase a new remote. See more useful articles at my website blog2success.net.